renouncing whiteness

Tue Nov 28 08:43:42 PST 2000

>>> sokol at jhu.edu 11/28/00 09:41AM >>>

So if we just use the right combination of words, poverty and inequality would just disappear, and if on the top of it we manage to make the whitey feel guilty, we would reach a nirvana on earth. In 1980s we had voodoo economics and a "just say no to drugs" philosophy promoted by the Great Communicator. Now we have voodoo revolution and "just say no to white" philosophy promoted by grassroots activists. Is that the "trickle down" thing, or what?

CB: What does the word "voodoo" come from ? Isn't it an ironically racist usage given that Bush attributed it to Reagan when they were campaigning against each other, and both of them were big time white racists, who had nothing to do with African voodum ?

You can't hide your racism with the right combination of words. Racism is not words, it is a system of ideas and actions in the real world, it is a social fact. Making fun of it, or thinking you are excepted from it because you are not from the U.S. is a pass you can't give yourself. We , Black people, will be the final arbiters as to whether you are a racist or not. Your humor in this area merely aggravates your racist status, as does your horseshit social theory.