Charlatans Left & Right (was Christopher Hitchens fromleftcharlatan . . .)

Nancy Bauer/Dennis Perrin bauerperrin at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 28 11:47:09 PST 2000

Dennis Breslin wrote:

>I'm getting a hankering for one of those .50 calibur sniper rifles profiled
>in the New York Times magazine recently. Could take out an
>armored personnel carrier at something like a mile! For
>me it'd be just for auto repair mind you...

I saw that ballistic centerfold as well. Typical American overkill. Hell, why not rent out a Black Cobra helicopter gunship? I prefer smaller caliber firearms -- makes target shooting more of a challenge. When I was in Army boot camp, however, I got to fire both an M-50 and a LAW, the latter of which rips through tank metal like it was tissue. But then I was 19, and that sort of thing gave me a rise. Now it only takes a Daisy air rifle to provide me with peace and contentment. Makes the chipmunks in my back yard run for cover, too.

DP