The Language of Betrayal

Seth Ackerman SAckerman at FAIR.org
Tue Nov 28 13:38:06 PST 2000

> ----------

---

So when Clinton cuts the deficit, he shows a commitment to fight for working people to get lower interest rates? But when George Bush raised taxes to cut the deficit, he was just deferring to the miserly budget-balancing orthodoxy of Republican bankers, right?

When Ronald Reagan said the EITC was his favorite anti-poverty program it was a GOP scheme to screw the non-working poor, but when Clinton boosted the EITC, he was a liberal fighting for the working poor.

When the Republican Congress overwhelmingly passed a minimum wage hike, they only did it because they were forced to, but when Clinton signed it, it was because he's passionate about the welfare of the little guy.

This is the way the world works, I gather.

Seth