Thoughts on E-Mail Leaflets, was Re: Fwd: [SOCUNMOD] Thoughts on Bui. . .

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Nov 29 06:14:16 PST 2000

Posts of this sort, intended for wide circulation, can be regarded as leaflets, and the considerations that go into preparing a leaflet should operate. In other words, the sender ought to give time, effort, and thought to making the post as presentable as possible. I at least am going to delete unread posts in which every line is preceded by one or more >s, just as I would throw away a mostly unreadable leaflet.

They should also have at the top a brief statement by the forwarder of *why* she/he thinks the post worth further distribution.

Carrol