heartbeats

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Wed Nov 29 10:12:54 PST 2000

My money's on Strom Thurmond as our next president.

I had to notice that those being buzzed about for the Bush Cabinet (sic) include Colin Powell for State, Sam Nunn for Defense, and Gov Jim Hunt (D) for Education. It is easy to imagine precisely these three persons in the same posts in a Gore Admin, along with the unwritten law that CIA is headed by a Repug.

OTOH, maybe Junior Bush will do a better job standing up to Allan Greenspan.

mbs

[From Chris Caldwell's column in this week's NY Press]

Just how high the stakes were became clear when Americans woke up on Thanksgiving morning to find out that Dick Cheney had suffered his fourth heart attack. Although it was a mild one, it was a disturbing reminder that, should he win, George W. Bush will be only a heartbeat away from running the country.