battle lines: a highly tendentious rendering

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Wed Nov 29 13:30:16 PST 2000

wot the fuck?? this is what we get because I expressed doubts about unilateral decisions by a grouplet to break windows in the middle of a mass demonstration?

Otherwise I don't know what he's talking about.

Where's that puppy St. Clair?

mbs

[Max - good to see you guys recycle!]

"But criticism of the street warriors [in Seattle] was not confined to the corporate custodians of 'free-market' commercial morality. Here was the line-up on this important battleground. On the one side: lib-lab pundits, flacks for John Sweeney and James Hoffa like the Nation's Marc Cooper, Molly Ivins and Jim Hightower, middle-of-the road [sic] greens, Michael Moore, a recycle binful of policy wonks from the Economic Policy Institute and kindred DC think-tanks,