Katherine Harris: 'The Rumor'?

Thu Nov 30 08:07:41 PST 2000

>>> mpollak at panix.com 11/30/00 10:25AM >>>

Carl Remick cited Ron Rosenbaum saying:

"... [Florida Secretary of State Katherine] Harris' naked partisanship ... has been so excessive and self-destructive ... it has given rise to some wild theories to explain it. That's the only way to explain what I'll call 'The Rumor.' The Rumor is also worth examining (or at least mentioning) as an index of the way America is still divided into two nations: Media and Media Consumers. Almost everyone in the media I know has heard The Rumor, and yet only one paragraph about it has appeared in print. ..."

And the rumor is: that Jeb Bush had an affair with Katherine Harris. Probably too good to be true. But those media inwits say the Florida papers are scrambling . . .

CB: So, for us contrarians we hope that Bush wins, but is rendered completely ineffective because the rumor is proven to be true , tainting his election ? purge the taint of the state.