Spreading rumors

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Tue Oct 3 10:04:00 PDT 2000

Hi,

I expect more at LBO-talk and often get less. Not a contradiction. There are times the conversation is fascinating and educational. It is worth wading through the swamp to find the swamp lily.

Actually, I did not say:

"unfounded rumor-mongering was 'typical LBO' "

I wrote:

"That's right, focus on the typo, not the content. Typical LBO."

Which is a defensible snipe, I think, given how conversations often veer off into obscurantism. Actually, you make my point, by focusing on a side-topic rather than the content, (and also getting the facts wrong).

My mom used to say that whenever anyone apologized, I should accept it graciously, even if skeptical.

Apparently you like to pick at scabs.

Yuk.

-Chip