Probable Cause and Reasonable suspicion?

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Tue Oct 3 13:57:25 PDT 2000

>From the horses' mouth, or the other end:

We have held that "probable cause" means "a fair probability thqt contraband or evidence of a crime will be found." "Reasonable suspicion" is a less demanding standard . . . . Alabama v. White, 496 U.S. 325, 329 (1990)(opinion of White, J.).

Reasonable suspicion is such suspicion asa reasonable person would have, not a hunch, having an articulable basis. Id.

--jks