Needs

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Oct 4 07:54:17 PDT 2000

Jim Heartfield wrote:

>Well, OK, but I think that Marx's point is that ALL NEEDS are
>artificial.

eh jim? needs are socially constituted since meeting and satisfying our needs is always a social endeavor, even when we're alone--because we work from the tools and ideas created by others, even as we modify them. and, in the activities of creating and satisfying needs, we create new needs.

that's from memory. his definition of praxis as i recall.

kelley