De Soto

Barry Rene DeCicco bdecicco at umich.edu
Wed Oct 4 14:24:51 PDT 2000

From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>

>I'm interviewing Hernando de Soto, the Peruvian libertarian
>propagandist, on the radio tomorrow. Any ideas for questions?

>Doug

Well, since he's a libertarian, he's probably 'orally serviced' the government, it's death squads and repression quite a bit. Hit him on that.

I think that the first step in dealing with libertarianism is to show that, in practice, libertarianism is right-wingism.

'You can't run a coal mine without machine guns' - a 19th century coal

mine owner

+

'Pinochet is a free-market leader' - Milton Friedman, 1970's (not an exact

quote)

=

'You can't have a free market without death squads'

Barry