True Confessions of Unreconstructed Cold Warriors

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Oct 5 10:34:01 PDT 2000

LeoCasey at aol.com wrote:

>That is about as good an answer to "When did you stop beating your wife?"
>question as I can muster. If there is a topic you want to discuss here, as
>opposed to a sudden urge to provoke hostile exchanges, could you let me in on
>it?

Well, I did ask a specific question - where does the UFT stand on Sweeney? Does it think he's too "left wing"? I also mentioned Feldman's reluctance to appear at an anti-austerity rally because of the proximity of "avowed communists." Does that still represent the UFT's stance on confronting budget cuts?

Doug