the tears of Sawicky

Barry Rene DeCicco bdecicco at umich.edu
Thu Oct 5 09:50:49 PDT 2000

> If Bush is elected, bizarreness will abound and it is pretty scary if
you
> think about it; however "cooler heads" - like Greenspan and Cheney and
> daddy - will be behind the scenes. And if he engages in a likely
> full-frontal assault on the labor movement, maybe it will really piss
them
> off.
>
> Peter

Two things: those 'cooler heads' are also people whose policies we don't like. Example: Cheney - oil, military pork, supporting whatever nasty regimes his bosses find useful.

Second, Reagan didn't seem to suffer from opposing labor. Why should Bush? Especially as 90% of the assault can be done in indirect ways, such as judicial appointments, clauses buried deep in 1,000 page congressional bills, NLRB appointments, Dept. of Justice prosecutions, etc.

Barry