Chris Burford's Comments

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Oct 9 11:38:20 PDT 2000

LeoCasey at aol.com wrote:

>Indeed I keep on trying to figure out how I got sucked
>into this kind of exchange.

Confess it, Leo, you love it. It gives you the opportunity to feel superior to all the ideologues.

I was away for the weekend and am just catching up on this little flamefest. It's not pretty. But speaking of confession, I'll confess that I've found Leo's schtick over the years to be kind of tiring - an "I'm so sensitive and flexible and everyone else is so brutal and rigid" act. I think James Heartfield is onto something when he points to a Blair-like need to be the humanitarian rescue team to save the rest of the world from themselves, conveniently forgetting how much damage the home team has inflicted on the suffering masses out there.

But this is all getting a bit worn out, and I'm only about halfway through it. Could we get on with something else?

Doug