Look Ma, I'm Linux

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Mon Oct 9 00:41:14 PDT 2000

Finally installed this puppy. The inspiration was the new "Mandrake" distribution of the latest version. I downloaded the whole thing -- about a gig -- over my DSL line in a couple of hours. No charge, naturally. Unlike the previous stuff I had, this one auto-detected my sound card and video all by itself. I have no idea what partitions it made. With a minimum of tweaking I got the network/e-mail/internet stuff going. Major hurdles the last time around. Now if I could only figure out whether the little buttons are 'on' when they seem to stick out, or when they seem to be depressed.

mbs