American Arab Anti Discrimination Committee

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Oct 7 08:22:12 PDT 2000

>Building Protests in Support of The Palestinians-
>
>This forward is to the Action Alert page for the AAADC,, which is
>beginning to list the demonstrations being built around the United
>States. In addition, one should feel free to contact the mosques
>in your community, to find out if other protests are being planned that
>have not yet been added to this list.
>
>Hopefully Raph Nader will break his silence on foreign afffairs and will
>speak out against this new wave of US supported Israeli terrorism. The
>local Green Party should be pressured to mobilize their activists for
>these protests, also. As should all activist Left groups.
>
>Tony Abdo

>http://www.adc.org/action/2000/02october2000.htm

Yesterday (Fri., Oct. 6), we had a demonstration in Columbus, Ohio against the Israeli massacre & repression of Palestinians. The demo was organized by a local group Coalition for Palestine, and about 200 people came. The anger and frustration of diasporic Palestinians (against Israel, against the U.S. government, against the unjust compromise made by the Palestinian Authority, against the local police) boiled over, and the protest was very militant (the local news programs, however, gave only 5-10 seconds to the event).

Any news of protests elsewhere?

Yoshie