Bear market?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Oct 10 13:06:03 PDT 2000

brettk at unicacorp.com wrote:

>I'm a bit curious as to why there hasn't been any discussion of the recent
>NASDAQ sell-off. Perhaps it has taken a back seat to the news out of
>Serbia and Israel. But I want to know if anyone think this is the start of
>a sustained bear market.

Can't remember the exact date, but I said - much to Jordan's amusement - that I thought the great bull market was on its last legs about a year ago. I have no idea if this is the beginning of a sustained bear market, but it looks highly likely that the sustained bull market did die sometime in the last year. As for what comes next, well, if I knew, I sure wouldn't give that info away for free!

Doug