Modern John Brown: Herbert Aptheker

James Heartfield Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 15:50:22 PDT 2000

I remember reading around the research project that became Gunnar Myrdal's big book on race. I think Aptheker was initially involved in some of the research but then witch-hunted out. He wrote an (intemperate, IMHO) critique of Myrdal.

In message <s9e37565.056 at mail.ci.detroit.mi.us>, Charles Brown <CharlesB at CNCL.ci.detroit.mi.us> writes

>From: Michael Pugliese <debsian at pacbell.net>
>-clip-
>
> To say a word in Aptheker's defense, at least he joined CofC after the
>1991 CPUSA convention debacle. And he helped to raise a fine daughter who
>teaches a very popular "Intro to Feminism" class at UCSC.
> Michael Pugliese
>
>http://frontpagemag.com/archives/radosh/2000/rr10-04-00.htm
>
>Herbert Aptheker The Strange Case of
>Comrade Aptheker: Laureate of Stalinism
>FrontPageMagazine.com | October 4, 2000
>
>I-clip-

>CB: Speak for yourself. Herbert needs no defense from you.

-- James Heartfield