Modern John Brown: Herbert Aptheker

Michael Yates mikey+ at pitt.edu
Wed Oct 11 08:44:57 PDT 2000

Myrdal suggested that slaves have been allowed to buy parcels from plantations with long-term low interest loans, but he never suggested that slaves themselves be paid. As Randall Robinson says in his fine book, "The Debt," Myrdal, in his book on race ("An American Dilemma"), never mentions the words, "reparation, restitution, indemnity, or compensation."

Michael Yates