No subject

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Oct 11 09:58:50 PDT 2000

you should apologize for calling both joanna and reese names and for expecting them to know something that it's taken you years to understand yourself. that is intolerant bullshit on your part and, as i said then, exactly why you will never get your wish of some sort of national or international party organization. if this is the way you treat people learning about a new topic, then they will never want to join arms with you in the struggle. this is something worth thinking about. it's an important question when it comes to issues of political practice: how to the enlightened "educate" the unenlightened.

you go on to talk about how the popular media gets it wrong. well, do you actually expect people do go out and follow up on everything they read to get the story straight? do you blame them, personally, for their ignorance? (if so, then you are certainly revealing your hypocrisy on that score)

were you, in fact, ever ignorant carrol and do you recall how it was that you learned more radical critiques. was it just an epiphany one day and VOILA! you became a member of the enlightenerati? or did it take years? did people, in effect, smack you upside the head with a newspaper when you said ignorant things? my guess is that they didn't and when they sternly critiqued you they surely didn't call you a malignant idiot.