Brad on Mark Weisbrot

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Oct 11 16:43:01 PDT 2000

>Brad, you said Mark Weisbrot's main beef with the IMF is that its lending
>creates moral hazard. You also said -- preposterously -- that Weisbrot
>believes private financial markets optimally allocate resources between
>countries.

That's what he said when I debated him. That was his opening: that the IMF is bad because its crisis loans create moral hazard, and that the IMF should be shut down.

If that's not his position, that shouldn't be the point he opens with and returns to again and again.

I *was* surprised...

Brad DeLong