Belgrade student demo

Thomas Waters twaters at panix.com
Wed Oct 11 17:01:03 PDT 2000

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000 JKSCHW at aol.com wrote:

> Actually, when I signed up as grad student TA at Michigan yea these
many years ago, I had to swear to uphold and defend the constitutions of Michigan and the US against all enemies, foreign and domestic. We used to joke that this meant that if Michigan and Ohio went to war, we'd fight with Michigan. Since I have now graduated from both Michigan and Ohio State, where as a sometime prof., I had to take a similar oath, I guess I am free to choose sides as I will, the oaths cancelling each other out on a state level anyway.

Ah, that's nothing. I had to sign a statement supporting the free market system to get a $6.26 an hour job selling books in an outlet mall a couple years ago!

Tom