Al Gore's 21 lies

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Thu Oct 12 14:08:16 PDT 2000

Which AG? Al Gore or Allan Greenspan? Probably both supported it, though I don't remember who did or said what.

I did think and still do that this episode was a good test of the political support for environmentalism, one which found it severely lacking. You had two good reasons for supporting the BTU tax, by conventional reasoning -- green priorities and deficit reduction. It got stomped.

mbs

BTU tax, actually. I believe they wanted a carbon tax but

retreated to a BTU, since people would think it was a

tax on the British.

Wasn't even AG behind it?

Ian