"guilty" and "innocent" (was Re: debates)

kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca
Thu Oct 12 20:22:50 PDT 2000

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 22:22:06 -0400 Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> wrote:

> We will find out who was responsible and hold them accountable...

What, you have a problem with this?!? Or should the costs be defrayed, "We're all responsible for this, and we should all be held accountable." How indiscriminary. Welcome to postmodernity, enjoy your stay: do whatever you want while you're here. Mr. Sade, you here too? - glad to see it.

The point is to hold people responsible for what they do. Universal guilt is a wash for particular acts of barbarism. I say, bring 'em up before a war crimes tribunal. And I'm not talking about "terrorists" here.

aspects of anarchism, ken