debates

Peter van Heusden pvh at egenetics.com
Fri Oct 13 00:32:37 PDT 2000

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 20:01:43 GMT Carl Remick <carlremick at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Whether one uses the blunt realpolitik language of a Henry Kissinger or the
> highfalutin idealistic lingo of a JFK makes precious little difference to the
> people you're actually bombing.
>
> And yet the words "guilty" and "innocent" still have meaning...

Ken, are you going senile or something? Think about what you're saying - the words "guilty" and "innocent" - doesn't that remind you of the debacle of Clinton and Lewinsky? The most recent test of innocence in US political consciousness - which culminated in Clinton bombing Sudan...

Peter -- Peter van Heusden <pvh at egenetics.com> NOTE: I do not speak for my employer, Electric Genetics "Criticism has torn up the imaginary flowers from the chain not so that man shall wear the unadorned, bleak chain but so that he will shake off the chain and pluck the living flower." - Karl Marx, 1844