Al Gore's 21 lies

Barry Rene DeCicco bdecicco at umich.edu
Fri Oct 13 10:41:48 PDT 2000

From: Brad DeLong <delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU>

>>[currently circulating. anything similar on gush or is this just a
>>sign of panic?]
>>
>>Reprinted from the Internet News Bureau article, "Al Gore's 21 Lies"

>I haven't seen anything similar on Bush...

- --
>J. Bradford DeLong

There was a nice column in the WSJ today, roasting Bush for his economic lies. It was written by Al Hunt, their token sane person on the editorial page.

Paul Krugman has had a series of columns in the NYT, roasting Bush for his economic lies. Krugman sounds increasingly pissed out them. IMHO, he's *almost* about to actually name Economic Names who've signed up with Bush's tax plan (I will: Feldstein, Friedman, Lucas, Coase, that I know of).

This would be a major change for Krugman. Especially if you've read a 1997 column on his web site where he discusses supply-side economics and the economics profession, without ever mentioning the names of economists who supported Reagan's tax cuts. Which required the sort of agility that one normally sees only in gymnasts.

Barry