Radosh/Rosenberg File

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Fri Oct 13 19:12:08 PDT 2000

I confess not to having read The Rosenberg Files, being allergic to post-left Radosh in large doses. However, I will point out that espionage was indeed a capital crime in the 40s and 50s, and for all I know may still be, technically, today. So if JR spied for the USSR, he committed a crime punishable by death under then-existing law. The Verona evidence is pretty strong that JR was a Soviet spy: Walter and Miriam Schneier, who proved (to my satisfaction) that the FBI framed the Rosenbergs--it appears, now, that they did so because they didn't want to reveal the Verona source--accept that JR was guilty of espionage. Whether he, or anyone, should have been executed for that, or anything else, is another story. The Verona evidence also exonerates ER as a spy. She was prosecuted, apparently, ti pressure JR into confessing. If she knew about and aided JR's activities, she might have been technically guilty under accomplice liability as a co-conspirator or for aiding and abeeting, which makes you, in law, guilty of the underlying crime. To what extent Radosh says this, I don't know. --jks