Genovese

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Sat Oct 14 07:33:32 PDT 2000

We'll have to agree to disagree about the credibility about Genovese's theory. Naturally G and I have read all the other material you mention, and it plays into the analysis of American slavery he developed and which I pretty much accept. You and I disgree about its meaning and plausibility. I will only comment on the theoretical point: