archives?

Marco Anglesio mpa at the-wire.com
Sun Oct 15 23:49:51 PDT 2000

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Michael Pollak wrote:
> I could only type. I was using lynx. Perhaps this site is not
> lynx-compatible?

It's the same site you had before, so if it was lynx-compatible before, it's lynx-compatible now. (It is, btw, lynx-compatible - I use lynx on the command line as well.)

You might want to add a trailing forward slash if you're not using a recent version of lynx. My version of lynx (the most recent) handles it properly but I seem to recall older versions being more finicky. So, cut and paste the following

lynx http://squawk.dhs.org/lbo-talk/

or even

lynx http://squawk.dhs.org/lbo-talk/index.html

(I've checked this from three different machines on three different backbones - it's as checked as checked can be).

Finally, a possible explanation for archive flakiness is that my cable connection is flaking out. It happens from time to time, typically late at night. It's not something I can control since the flakiness happens at an upstream router. (Of course, this flakiness could just as well be on your side of the internet, not mine - that's the risk you take when you use the net.)

Cheers,

Marco