guns & crime

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Oct 16 09:56:57 PDT 2000

From dhenwood at panix.com Mon Oct 16 09:48:57 2000

There are probably a few illegal guns in NYC.

Ha! Anyway, I thought we were talking about legal carry.

>Also: do you know any cops personally?

No. Should I?

"Should" you? Dunno. I happen to, that's all.

So were you packing heat when we had lunch in SF?

If I lived in a state where CCW was easy to come by, I wouldn't answer that question, because it's the unknown that provides the deterrent :-) :-)

But I live in California, so of course the answer is no! :-)

---

(why does it always lead to the personal? I've never had an abortion nor been a party to a pregnancy that led to one, but I'm firmly against efforts to limit them further; I've never been Capitally Punished nor been the victim of a Capital crime, but I'm against that; why would you presume that if I'm against strict gun control and registration and support more liberal CCW laws that I own guns and if I did, would choose to carry?)

/jordan