Farrakhan

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Mon Oct 16 15:23:55 PDT 2000

Hi,

I am not sure what the point here is:

1) Even a really good journalist can roll over and ask superficial questions.

or

2) Even a racist demagogue who thinks he gets transported up to a spaceship to commune with aliens can sound lucid for one hour.

or

3) Wanniski is living in an alternate universe.

or all three?

The discussion of the book "The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews" is especially simplistic. There is an easily-available specific scholarly refutation of the cites to "Jewish" sources in that book. The cites are all misrepresented. This interview allows Farrakhan to portray the book as a difference of opinion, when it is essentially an antisemitic psuedo-scholarly hoax.

What am I missing here?

-Chip Berlet

----- Original Message ----- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 4:50 PM Subject: Farrakhan