guns & purses (was Re: guns & crime)

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Tue Oct 17 09:40:45 PDT 2000

Is it not rather silly to think that some handguns, rifles, or shotguns would constitute a serious threat to state power, given the enormity of the military might of United States. You might be able to assassinate a handful of people, but such firepower would not be ineffective deterrent. I think of the Israelis sending rockets back in response to children hurling rocks.

--

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University michael at ecst.csuchico.edu Chico, CA 95929 530-898-5321 fax 530-898-5901