RES: RES: Said on American Zionism

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Tue Oct 17 21:26:53 PDT 2000

Alexandre Fenelon wrote:

> -I don´t know why two small states would have economic advantage over one
> -single entity. However, the key point is that almost nothing is thinking
> -about building a unified, non ethnical state.

This brings to mind (tangentially) the situation prior to the upheavals in 46/47 when the British still had a hold on Palestine. Can anyone provide a thumbnail sketch of the decisive moments that made the difference vis-a-vis the Haganah forces switching allegiance to the Irgun - was it that twit Bevin and the execution of the four Jews (were they members of Irgun?) that provided the impetus? This specific transitional point seems a complete mystery to me. I know there were quite a few Jews making it into Palestine by hook or by crook and counter to the supposed ban on Jewish immigration into Palestine (supported by the Zionists in concert with the British), but I was under the impression that Jews were still considerably outnumbered by non-Jews and British troops. There must be someone on the list who can provide a good summation - there's a lot of info on the web, but they all have their little agendas, for better or for worse.

--

/ dave /