guns & purses (was Re: guns & crime)

Matt Cramer cramer at unix01.voicenet.com
Wed Oct 18 05:27:46 PDT 2000

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, James Baird wrote:

> You are never going to beat the U.S. gov on the field
> of battle. Never. Shooting back only hurts you in the
> real contest, which is public opinion.

And there's no way a few militia types would be able to, say, cripple a US Destroyer, right?

Revolutionary wars in the 20th century are not fought on the traditional battlefield. If Osama Bin Laden didn't exist the US would have invented him. I'm always amazed at how easily people adapt the terrorist meme. What's the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter, anyway?

Matt

-- Matt Cramer <cramer at voicenet.com> http://www.voicenet.com/~cramer/ The true method of knowledge is experiment.

-William Blake