guns & purses (was Re: guns & crime)

Matt Cramer cramer at unix01.voicenet.com
Wed Oct 18 11:30:01 PDT 2000

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> Apparently, in the US government newspeak, 'terrorism' denotes using force
> without prior authorization of the "legitimate" ruling class.

Yep. That's the meme I'm talking about. The essence of control is fear, whether it is fear of losing your job, losing your home, or having your children blown to bits.

Terrorists are the bogey men that will do the latter, unless, of course, the powers-that-be receive ever increasing power and ever-growing wealth. We are told all the things we have to do to protect ourselves from terrorists. And since the threat isn't at all as it is portrayed, terrorist actions need to be *invented*. Resistance to US Imperialism isn't resistance, or war, it is "terrorism".

And let's not forget how useful it can be to Wag the Dog.

Matt

-- Matt Cramer <cramer at voicenet.com> http://www.voicenet.com/~cramer/ Jesus proclaimed the coming of the Kingdom, but what came was the Church.

-Alfred Loisy