Scalia Deconstructs himself; was RE: guns & purses (was Re: guns & crime)

Lisa & Ian Murray seamus at accessone.com
Wed Oct 18 17:15:09 PDT 2000

JKSCHW at aol.com wrote:

>There is a story about Scalia and some law

>prof. She was criticizing some opinion he wrote as wrong. He concluded by

>saying, there is one difference between us. Yes, she said? He

said, I am on

>the Supreme Court, and you are not.

Reminds me of a story Donald Barthelme told somewhere about a

conversation with the IRS agent who was auditing him. He mouthed some

blather about how literature was discourse, the tax code was

discourse, everything was just discourse. And she said, "Yes, but my

discourse has subpoena power."

Yet more grist for the anarchists on the list :-)....

meta-anarchically,

Ian