Israel may lock Palestinians into own state

Seth Ackerman SAckerman at FAIR.org
Thu Oct 19 14:54:29 PDT 2000

--- This crisis is one of *Israeli* rejectionism -- not the reverse.

Khartoum 1967 is a convenient point from which to begin that history. By 1971, Sadat was offering a full peace with Israel, including recognized borders. Israel immediately rejected it. In 1976, the PLO, Egypt, and Jordan offered the same deal -- a 2-state settlement, mutual recognition, defined borders -- and Israel rejected it, with the US vetoing a PLO-prepared UNSC resolution calling for those terms.

Seth