"heterosexual"/"homosexual"

kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca
Thu Oct 19 15:28:46 PDT 2000

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000 15:11:21 -0400 Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> wrote:

> The Christian Right won't be happy with the obsolescence of categories of
gender, sexual orientation, etc.

Not at one of the last Pentacostal serivce I attended - lamenting the fact that these cateogies had achieved some sort of political legitimacy. The lovely pastor noted that there was only one truth: heterosexual monogamy - practiced within the institition of marriage. Sexuality, outside of this, does not exist.

It seems to me that this pastor, at least, would be happy to see the decline of polymorphous perversity - with the hope that it will be replaced (hegemonically) by God's sacred institution.

Before delcaring anything dead, past, post, over, obsolete, moot or ending... we should consider the *existing* socio-political atmosphere...

> Jim, you overestimate Ken's political intelligence. :)

Yeah Jim, you're just as stupid as Ken!

ken