Virilio on Kosovo

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Thu Oct 19 20:53:13 PDT 2000

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Daniel Davies wrote:

> This is certainly shite. It is well known by now that the Asian
> financial crisis was sparked off by the decision of a group of less
> than twenty identifiable individuals, to put their hedge funds
> together and have a go after the Thai baht and HK$.

Just for fun, would you mind identifying a few of them? And assuming Soros was one of them, does mean Mahathir was more or less right all along? And could you give me a reputable URL or two I could cite? Since every time Mahathir is quoted mentioning this theory in the financial press the condescending contempt virtually rises from the page.

Michael