differentia specifica (was: guns & purses (was Re: guns & crime)

Fri Oct 20 09:41:49 PDT 2000

>>> jfn1 at msc.com 10/20/00 12:19PM >>>

OK, so back to the claim that these prisoners in VA and GA are responsible for the gun culture in the US. I believe there were a whole lot more immigrants in the last half of the 19th and first quarter of the 20th than what, a few thousand?, 10's of thousands? of prisoners in the 1700's.

-clip-

CB: American gun culture is probably more related to the fact that the national territory was taken by forceful and violent conquest of the Indigenous Peoples. America had the biggest settler population of the British settler colonies that I can think of.