"Heterosexual Marriage"!

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Oct 21 07:16:10 PDT 2000

Ken:
>On Sat, 21 Oct 2000 09:09:31 -0400 Yoshie Furuhashi
><furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> wrote:
>
> > Why do you think that heterosexism = "sexuality"? No sexism, no
>sexuality?
>No heterosexism, no sexuality? Is it the oppression of women & "sexual
>deviants" that makes human relations "sexy" for you?
>
>That isn't what I said. The abolution of heterosexuality will not necessarily
>lead to liberative forms of sexuality. My point was that it is more
>likely that
>he abolution of sexuality will emerge as a new and more hegemonic form of
>heterosexuality.

By "a new and more hegemonic form of heterosexuality," you obviously are not talking about the abolition of heterosexism, whereas I am arguing that the point is to abolish heterosexism, as well as capitalism and all other oppressions, and then our modern categories of sexual orientation will be irrelevant.

>As for the eroticization of power, I suspect as long as human
>beings are passionate beings, power will always be eroticized in one form or
>another.

Why? Will rape be always "sexy" -- a material of fantasy for some as it is now? Will rape always exist, even after the abolition of class society, gender oppression, oppression of "sexual deviants," and all other oppressions? Maybe you suffer from the poverty of imagination as well as of philosophy.

Yoshie