Fw: Obviously (what's the Left problem with GM food?)

John Thornton jthorn16 at home.com
Sat Oct 21 14:07:33 PDT 2000

From: "James Heartfield" <Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk>
> The way I see it the left's problem with GM food is not really about GM
> food, but about the left.
> .... but what risks there are seem so
> wildly overstated that it is hard to find a convincing example of that.

Tell that to Monarch butterfly larvae. Cornell University and Iowa State University studies have both proven that Bt corn pollen is toxic to this species. Maybe the loss of this species to help pad checkbooks of executives at Novartis is your example of a good trade off, but it isn't mine.

John Thornton