Fwd: Latest Presidential Election Numbers from www.gallup.com

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Sat Oct 21 15:05:17 PDT 2000

/ dave / wrote:

> I see a fairly sizeable Bush win with an unexpected surge in Nader support underneath, far
> outstripping the estimates of most of the pundits - followed by an unremarkable and
> strangely inhibited Bush administration owing to a somewhat more vigorous electorate still
> energized by the unexpected surprise of the Nader percentages. A contentious debate on
> social security in year one will be interrupted by a major foreign policy crisis for Bush a
> few months into year two. An inept and largely disjointed Bush administration will be seen
> as bungling the situation, with potential catastrophic results, until the unforseen
> emergence into the spotlight of an as-yet unnamed personage from the right who manages to
> take the reins and exert enough influence at the right moment to extricate Bush from his dilemma.
>
> I see this dark horse running on the Republican ticket against Nader and a lame, last-ditch
> Democratic candidate in 2004.

I'm betting that Nader does surprisingly well in the election, but I think 3 months after most people will have forgotten about him. Hopefully the Left won't waste any more time after that on Green Party politics because that's just another diversion of energy and resources. You only need to look at the German Greens to understand how an American version will turn out.

I'm just looking forward to the 2004 Green Party convention when the smell of federal matching funds draws every last American left-authoritarian zombie. The resulting mess will make this year's Reform Party convention look like a Quaker meeting.

Don't squander your youth on electoral politics.

<< Chuck0 >>

Choose and Lose 2000 http://www.infoshop.org/voting.html