Police Crackdown in NYC

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Sat Oct 21 15:44:31 PDT 2000

Doug Henwood forwarded:

> Reclaim the Streets NYC - http://reclaimthestreetsnyc.tao.ca
>
> Last night the police also attempted to cause a chilling effect on the
> residents of the Bronx from participating in this Sunday's march against

The next time I read the words "a chilling effect" used to describe anything in the left press, I'm going to recommend that everyone in my circle defect to the party of the right for an indeterminate amount of time, if only to punish the writers of the aforementioned for unquestioning appropriation of silly, overwrought public-relations speak in their communiques.

Rampant overuse of this hackneyed construction is having a chilling effect on political discourse...

--

/ dave /