Cybersilliness

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sun Oct 22 11:12:14 PDT 2000

>Why is it wrong? In many areas they are going through a drought which has
>caused their agricultural capabilities to be diminished. I'm not hoarding,
>I just happened to be living in a country of more resources.

if a bag of money falls off the brinks truck or one of the brinks truckdrivers/guards oooops drops it, is it right to keep it? is that *your* money? are you somehow superior and deserving because you happened upon it?

>Because we as
>a species are able to comprehend this makes it "wrong"?

no, you are espousing social darwinism which is an attempt to justify your moral claims based on a scientific theory of evolution. however, the evidence doesn't support your claims, when subjected to scrutiny.

>Nope we arn't. Since when are we all obliged to help even the playing field
>for people who are born more superior or inferior to us? By the very nature
>of genetics we all start out with differing chances of success. Again, this
>is just life.

the people in other countries aren't genetically inferior to us. where do you get this idea? do you have evidence that proves this?

>Because we are able to understand this, it makes us obliged to fight it?
>You don't see it is "fair". I see it as being the ultimate form of "fair".

yes, there is a way in which you can view it all as fair, but only if you disregard the evidence and base your speculations on some incredibly unreliable data about IQ and genetics.

maybe brad delong can set you straight on the IQ thing since i didn't have time when y'all were discussing it at dc-stuff.

kelley