Genocide In Rwanda, and US INaction

LeoCasey at aol.com LeoCasey at aol.com
Mon Oct 23 08:39:22 PDT 2000

James Heartfield writes: << The rest - that there was no US Rwandan policy - is curiously obtuse. >>

The article speaks for itself. Unlike the piece James posted yesterday, it has a clear source -- the _Covert Action Quarterly_. [I ran the title of the piece James posted through 10 search engines, and I could not get one citation; maybe it is appearing in a new journal, _Resurrected Marxism_. {-;]

LBO readers will remember that James went to some length to quoting _Covert Action_ as the authority on questions regarding Rwanda and the Great Lakes region of Africa; that is only the case, it now appears, since the journal was taken over by pro-Milosevic types, who purged the old staff that had built up the reputation of the journal over the years.

Leo Casey United Federation of Teachers 260 Park Avenue South New York, New York 10010-7272 (212-598-6869)

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never has, and it never will. If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation are men who want crops without plowing the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightening. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its waters. -- Frederick Douglass --