What's a sheeple?

Tue Oct 24 09:45:37 PDT 2000

>>> cramer at unix01.voicenet.com 10/24/00 09:55AM >>>

Let me try and draw a picture.....

Why shouldn't the US publicly criticise Isreal for killing Palestinians? "Well, the Isrealis are our allies and the Palestinians are a bunch of crazy terrorists" [sheeple].

"I'm not worried about those laws being passed because you only have to worry about it if you are a criminal, and I'm not" [sheeple]

"Unemployed people are just lazy and deserve to starve" [sheeple]

"Outlawing guns will prevent crime" [sheeple]

"Marijuana is bad for you but alcohol is not" [sheeple]

"The public sschools have my child's best interests in mind" [sheeple]

Every single one of those statements is an example of knee-jerk responses to complex situations and illustrates a possibly unconscious ignorance to that complexity.

CB: Here's another sheeple statement:

"Please bear with me for a moment. Complete abolishment of private property? That is desireable?

My problem here is that in a world of limited resources, you CAN'T completely abolish private property. Until we reach a point of technological advance where we have unlimited energy and resources, there are always going to be people who, through luck or force, control those resources." (SHEEPLE !)