Decision 2000: point-four percentage points.

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Tue Oct 24 09:37:43 PDT 2000

. . . Gore's promised to cut spending in a recession, right? So, from a purely demand stimulating vulgar Keynesian point of view, there's something to be said for Bush's tax cut. Doug

Ssshh!

What's also interesting is that Keynes is mutating in the mouths of Gore/Lieb, and the virus is spreading. Now 'keynes' is taken to mean stimulating the economy with lower interest rates, which are brought into being by deficit and debt reduction.

In an exchange I will post shortly (soon to appear in a periodical), my debate opponent likens my position to Jack Kemp and invokes the grasshopper & the ant.

mbs