Fwd: Latest Presidential Election Numbers from www.gallup.com

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Tue Oct 24 19:02:36 PDT 2000

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Thornton" <jthorn16 at home.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com>

> > On Sat, 21 Oct 2000, Chuck0 wrote:
> >
> > > You only need to look at the German Greens to understand how an
American
> > > version will turn out.

>This isn't Germany and the social conditions here are different than in
>Europe so how can you be so certain the U.S. version will turn out the
same.
>(The answer is...... You CAN'T!)
>John Thornton

Of course it will be different in the US. Especially if the Greens get the 5%, we have a good model for the likely outcome - the Reform Party, where the takeover of the party by ruthless sectarians converted a goo-goo budget-balancing party into a fascist conservative vehicle. Workers World, Fulani's folks and a range of other groups are no doubt licking their chops in anticipation of taking over Green chapters across the country come 2004 in that case.

-- Nathan Newman