Nader may defeat Gore

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Tue Oct 24 21:47:32 PDT 2000

>[Amazing spate of these articles over the last couple of days - you'd
>almost think it was inspired by the Gore campaign. If Nader is Gore's
>margin of defeat, good, he deserves to lose.]
>
>Wall Street Journal - October 24, 2000
>
>Nader Hopes Wounds to Gore
>Will Shift Democrats to the Left

Have noticed that the New Republic endorsed Gore, so there's a large reason he deserves to lose. I don't understand the margin of defeat reasoning, but I have seen the spate of articles - like Conason in Salon sounding very Newmanesque - and I've seen a couple TV segments.

Peter - who's trying to figure out how best to cheer up Gorites should their man lose. A copy of Cockburn and St. Clair's _Al Gore: A User's Manual_? Or _Chicken Soup for the Soul_? Any advice?